It’s that time of year again.
You know, where your news feed is filled with the ‘first day’ pictures. They really DO grow up so fast, don’t they?! #imnotcryingyourecrying
It’s also when you commit to packing an A+ lunch box on the daily.
Will it last? Maybe, maybe not. But, to support you in your quest to be a lunch box champion, we’ve scoured through all the ‘mum blogs’ and put together this list for you, so you can finally know –
What makes a perfect/nutritionally balanced/somewhat likely to get eaten school lunch?
- Prep, prep, prep. Especially if you like to pack in the morning. Pre-chopped fruit and vegetables will be a life saver, because let’s face it, you will need to ask them to put on their shoes ten times…
- Give them input. This can be a great way to ensure their lunch actually gets eaten by giving them independence and choice.
- Sandwich eaters? Try our new Master Low Carb. It’s got 80% more protein so you’ll both be happy.
- Not sandwich eaters? No problem. You can now put all those ingredients into a delicious Tasmanian made wrap (wink wink.)
- Variety is key, so refer to options 3 & 4.
- Safety first. Add in some ice blocks to keep things cold. Familiarise yourself with your schools’ allergies. Invest in some ‘food picks’ (kid friendly skewers.)
- A LOT of blogs suggest freezing you child’s drink bottle. But they clearly don’t live in Tassie!
Try this ‘Hungry Caterpillar’ for a fun lunch-box filler – Hungry Caterpillars for Hungry Kids – Cripps