A family favourite starring your choice of Cripps Masterloaf!
- 1 cups macaroni
- 1.5 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1.5 TBSP butter
- 1.5 TBSP flour
- ¼ onion
- Pinch pepper and salt
- 1 ¾ cups of three types of assorted shredded cheese (we recommend cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan)
- 6 slices of your favourite Cripps Master loaf, toasted
- 1.5 TBSP Butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Heat a skillet with your choice of oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the garlic and onion and cook until fragrant.
- Add the macaroni, milk, butter, flour, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has reduced.
- Mix in most of the cheese and sprinkle the last ¼ of the cup over the top.
- Blitz the Master toast until resembles a coarse powder.
- Melt the butter for the topping and combine with the Master crumb. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the macaroni and cheese and bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 180°C or until the pasta is set and the crumb is golden.
- Serve immediately